All this time now, I’ve been wrong. The only consolation I have is the knowledge that a lot of other folks have been wrong, too.
A blue moon is not “the second full moon in a month”. Nope. Turns out that was a mistake, and it also turns out that the upcoming full moon will be of the “blue” variety.
Of course, that has nothing to do with the color, although I knew a fellow once who excitedly told me he had his camera ready and hoped to get a lot of good shots of a blue moon. He was slightly disappointed when I explained that the moon would not really be blue.
I learn something new every day. Mostly I just keep learning how little I know.
Here’s the whole story on the August Blue Moon. Be sure to check out the quiz.
- Blue Moon rises next week … or does it? Clearing up the confusion (nbcnews.com)
- A full moon can have impact on sleep, scientists believe (time4sleep.co.uk)
- an august moon (thetypewriterpoet.com)
- The Moon (Mind Bomb #011) – You Just Got to Read This (okjdiscoveries.wordpress.com)
- Full Moon Approaching – Creative Problem Solving May Be In Store For Some Of Us (crystalbastrology.com)