Here are a few pictures I found while browsing around this morning. These photos are all from a gallery collection at National Geographic’s “Ocean” site. You’ll find many more photos — and galleries — to enjoy there, as well.
Giant Sea Kelp
Kelp Forest Anemones
- Kelp Forest Restoration Project Begins off Southern California Coast (usresponserestoration.wordpress.com)
- Google Earth used to track kelp forests (nanaimobulletin.com)
- Dunes, Reefs and Kelp Forests Protect US Coast from Climate Change (scienceworldreport.com)
- Log booms trap kelp off Gabriola; Essential part of food chain, ecology (nanaimodailynews.com)
- Celebrating 125 Years of National Geographic Photography (twistedsifter.com)